Dahl on Film Project Administrator (part time – fixed term)
Department: Film, Cinema and Film Hub Wales (FHW)
Post Title: Dahl on Film Project Administrator
Salary: £18,723 pro rata
Contract: 20 hours per week (fixed term June – end of November 2016)
Responsible to: Dahl on Film Project Manager
Responsible for: No direct reports.
To support FHW/Chapter Cinema with the administration of a programme development fund (PDF) application to the British Film Institute (BFI), which will aim to deliver a major UK wide audience development programme, celebrating Roald Dahl on Film.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the Dahl on Film Project Manager to ensure that the project is delivered on time and according to the project brief,
Liaise with project partners on the following:
- Sending out printed materials and gathering marketing materials,
- Drawing up contracts,
- Processing payments with Chapter finance and FHW’s Development Officer,
- Collecting and processing audience data for reporting purposes,
- Communicating reporting deadlines with partners and collating information,
- Gathering information on upcoming events and updating online listings,
- Monitoring progress of events and feeding back to the team,
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Director of Cinema and Film Hub Wales, Chief Executive or Director of Operations.
- To be familiar with all relevant Health and Safety, operational, personnel, customer care, Data Protection and financial procedures, ensuring that all statutory obligations are complied with, especially in relation to licensing laws and first aid.
- The post-holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with Chapter’s Equal Opportunities policy, ensuring equality of opportunity is afforded to all persons both internal and external to Chapter.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties which may have to be varied (after discussion with the post-holder) subject to the needs of the organisation, and in keeping with the general profile of the post.
- Further/Higher Education qualification or equivalent work-related experience
- Numerate and literate to GCSE level/’A’ level or equivalent
- Excellent administrative skills,
- Ability to keep accurate budgetary records/spreadsheets/databases,
- Good keyboard skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel),
- Knowledge of social media and understanding of web-based marketing,
- A good working knowledge of film,
- Excellent communication skills, via phone, in person and over email,
- Creative approach to problem solving,
- Ability to work to deadlines, understanding how this impacts on team members,
- Strong organisational and time management skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and on a variety of tasks,
- Commitment to the BFI’s objective of extending the breadth, depth and reach of film choice for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge/experience of event coordination,
- A working knowledge or interest in Roald Dahl,
- Ability to speak and write in Welsh,
- Car licence and owns own vehicle.
Short listing for interviews will be based on applicants meeting the essential criteria listed in the position description.
- Application forms and job description available yma or contact Susan Powell, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dyddiad Cau ar gyfer ceisiadau: 5pm Friday 27th May
- Cynhelir cyfweliadau: Friday 3rd June