Film Hub Wales Member
The Memo is at the hub of the Barry and Vale of Glamorgan community, playing a major role as a primary Cinema, performance and entertainment venue for the town and county.
They are open for 360 days of the year, during which they welcome on average 100,000 visitors to the venue. The Memo programme includes; cinema, live broadcasts, event cinema, professional theatre, live rock concerts, well known artists, tributes bands, professional touring companies, entertainment shows and participatory events for all ages. They also manage a considerable hires programme and coordinate Film Hub Wales’ Lleoliadau’r Fro project.
Here are a few Memo facts:
- They are an independent registered charitable incorporated organisation
- All their earned income is used to support the venue and its extensive programme
- They welcome over 100,000 visitors to the building every year
- They generate nearly 65% of our income through box office and bar sales, fundraising and our resource and facility hires
- They inspire the local community to get creative with over 20,000 children engaging in our shows and projects every year
Their 4K digital Cinema is the largest in the Vale of the Glamorgan and further plans are in place to raise funding to install a second screen.
- Type of organisation: Mixed Arts Venue
- Number of screens: 1
- Seating capacity (per screen): 556
- Projection format: DCP / digital cinema, Blu ray / DVD, Satellite screening capability
- Accessibility: Wheelchair access, Subtitling, Hearing loop, Audio Description, Relaxed screenings (e.g. Autism and dementia friendly),
The Memo believes it’s vital for any independent cinema exhibitor to become a member of Film Hub Wales, as membership provides access to a wealth of film and cinema expertise, bespoke training, resources and support.