FHW Top 10 Welsh Films 2015
It’s been a great year for Welsh cinema, Welsh filmmakers and retrospective seasons – here’s a roundup of some of the best films and events of 2015!
1. Dark Horse: The Incredible True Story Of Dream Alliance (2015, Directed by Louise Osmond. BIFA Best Documentary award Winner)
2. Orion: The Man Who Would Be King (2015, Directed by Jeanie Finlay. BIFA Discovery award winner)
3. The Damned: Don’t You Wish That We Were Dead (2015, Directed by Wes Orshoski)
Click to watch the Q&A with Paul Gray, Bryn Merrick, Rick Rogers and director Wes Orshoski, hosted by S Mark Gubb
4. Dan Y Wellallt (2015, Directed by Kevin Allen)
Sesiwn holi-ac-ateb gyda Kevin Allen, Rhys Ifans a T. James Jones, wedi ei gadeirio gan Hannah Raybould
5. Under Milk Wood (2015, Directed by Kevin Allen)
Click here to watch the Q&A with director Kevin Allen, hosted by Tom Betts.
6. Just Jim (2015, Directed by Craig Roberts)
7. No Manifesto: A Film About Manic Street Preachers (2015, Directed by Elizabeth Marcus)
8. Mam (Red Flannel Films, 1988)
Click the image to watch Michele Ryan, one of the founder members of Red Flannel Films, talking about the collaborative process of creating the film Mam in 1988.
9. Ray Milland Retrospective
Click here to listen to the Tinted Lens presentation, discussion and debate of following the screening of Lost Weekend. Speakers from Cardiff University explore the mind and conceptions of normality and pathology, with a focus on loss and grief, fantasy and delusions, understandings of time and states of consciousness.
10. Conversations About Cinema season
Hedd Wyn (1992, Best Foreign Language Oscar nomination 1994), House Of America (1997, Directed by Marc Evans), Little White Lies (2006, Directed by Caradog W James), The Proud Valley (1940, Directed by Pen Tennyson), Twin Town (1997, Directed by Kevin Allen)
Click the logo to visit the Conversations About Cinema website and join the conversation.
More Welsh Film
Find out more about archive, current and upcoming Welsh releases on our Made in Wales page yma.